28.7.13

YOU RUN MY MIND BOY

On Thursday 25.06.13 Jenpho and I went to bask in the ambience of FRANK OCEAN. We lost out to pre-sale tickets and the general public release of his Friday concert and were pretty devasted. Luckily a few weeks later he announced an extra Melbourne show the night before and we got tickets :) Jen and Gossip Girl are responsible for my listening to Channel Orange and my favourites were definitely "Forrest Gump", "Thinking about you" and "Pink Matter". In the lead up to the concert I was listening to the album continuously on my way to work. There are so many good songs on the album and his opening song for the night was a brand new called  "Feel California". I enjoyed it very much even though he started at 9:45pm instead of 8:00pm and we were sitting and waiting in the cold for an hour and a half. He wasn't 100% and he cancelled every other performance in Australia the next day. I'm grateful that we got to see him and to hear his beautiful voice in person.

This is the first video I've uploaded on youtube and although the quality is lacking I'm very happy to share some Frank with you.



&

On Friday night the highschool girls had an apartment in the CBD to celebrate Kud's 21st birthday. It was a dry night (thank god) and there was a lot of walking. I met up with everyone at the apartment and we went to buy supplies for the night. Dinner was at Gami on Lt Lonsdale St. The prospect of chicken and beer was very promising and when I got there I had hoped it wasn't just fried chicken. The beer was good and I learnt some beer tapping techniques. We went to Section 8 and E.FiftyFive, truly a Melissa outing :) We drank, we ate party food and slept like babies. The morning we checked out at 10am and had brunch at The Grain Store.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment