What an amazing band with great energy. To be truthful, I had only really listened to one song when I agreed to go and made my way into the city. That song was 'Zoom', of course, being their most played song. They've only released one album thus far but I'm convinced they will go far. I am already officially a fan of Sean Caskey (lead singer) and I'm taken back by his talent at his age.
This is a video I took on my phone from the night.
'Honolulu' is currently my favourite song - for the intro, the vibes and its simplicity.
The crowd was buzzing towards the middle of the set as a mosh pit formed and people started crowd surfing. The mosh pit kept spilling out and it was a lot of guys with beards and long hair. (#classic) Some guy poured his water bottle on me and I got stomped on. I have endured worse so it was fun more than annoying. Would I go again? Hell yes!
It was my first time to the Howler and it was a great venue, in comparison to some of the other places I've been. I feel like a bit of drone to say this, but it was just great vibes at the Howler. There was a semi-outdoor area and comforting indoor area, also the interior design was more creative than your average bar. There were two bands that supported Last Dinosaurs and whilst the second band has more exposure, it was the first band that I liked. Check out Reika on Soundcloud.
I went to bed at 2:30am. What a fantastic day.
No comments:
Post a Comment