9.1.16

FITTY @ ANDY WARHOL - AI WEIWEI EXHIBITION


National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne

Ai Weiwei has created some amazing art over the years and I am taken back by his creativity and the messages they carry. Each new room carried new meaning and with many contrasts and compliments between Warhol's art and Weiwei's art. The highlights for me were 'Blossom', 'Study of Perspective', 'Forever Bicycles' and 'Letgo Room'. 'Blossom' is a garden bed of flowers made from porcelain and unfortunately photos do not do it justice. 'Study of Perspective' are a series of photographs where Ai is flipping off renown landmarks. I did a classic flipping off photo myself and even that felt rebellious to me. I'm not rebellious by nature. 'Forever Bicycles' is the installation in the center of the NGV currently. It's stacks on stacks of bicycles and there are security guards on constantly surveillance. 'Letgo Room' consists of two million blocks of Lego which had been donated by locals and collected from around the world. The installation features portraits and quotes by Australian activists and freedom of speech. .I highly recommend going to the exhibition before it closes on April 24, 2016.



No comments:

Post a Comment