My aunty only stayed for a while and luckily on Christmas Day my brother finally had a day off work to spend a whole day with mum and I. We took a drive down to Lake Burley Griffin and did a lap around the High Court and had a look near the embassies. The following photos are from around there, unfortunately they're the only real photos I took form the entire trip.
We had all my brother's favourite dishes when we were there, eg. lamb and pasta, bun rieu and dumplings. We invited some of his friends over that were still in Canberra for Christmas, as all his house mates have gone back to Sydney for the new year. We stocked up his fridge and pantry which he is much appreciated for and we took a trip to Costco which was good for him because he doesn't have a car.
I was worried about Boxing Day sales over there cos I was worried that they wouldn't have enough places for me to splurge. I was right in one respect but get this, because there's not many people there I was able to find things in my size. One of my proudest purchases was a nice black dress from Sportsgirl for $14.00AUD down from $99.95AUD. I really need to stop spending now though, I've bought too much and spent too much in Canberra. I did shopping in Civic Centre, Woden and DFO there. We didn't have a chance to go to Belconnen but my brother is changing work locations to Belconnen in the new year so I'll be going next time I'm there.
The drive home went by fast as we took less stops despite it being hot and my mum wanting to let the car cool down. There were so many cops on the road - I guess due to the holiday period. But I feel very relaxed and comfortable being home. Missed having a comfortable bed and missed my computer!
No comments:
Post a Comment