20.2.14

VALENTINE'S DAY IN SYDNEY

The past two weeks have been intense, stressful and exhausting. My mother, brother and I spent Valentine's Day in Sydney repping the single life. We arrived Thursday afternoon and settled into out hotel first and foremost. The hotel we stayed at was on Pitt St and close to Paddy's Market. We found a banh mi place near where we lived and the iced sugar cane drink was nothing compared to the ones in Melbourne. The first night there we headed to The Sydney Eye and had a 360 view of the CBD. Here are some photos from the view :)



On Valentine's day we went to Darling Harbour and the weather was magnificent. The sidewalk was boarded and there was chalk to write a quote, confession of love or a message down. I wrote down a quote from Jane Austen ♥ Some of the messages were funny but at the same time it was plastered with notes and messages. It was a very good idea, I love public art.




Sydney China Town is very short and not at all like Melbourne's one. There is congee served and places are open around 9:00am to get a Chinese breakfast in Sydney. There were also market stalls that pop up later in the day that serve fast market food. Also the line for Emperor Puffs was crazy. 30 cents for one and 4 for $1. Holla! Custard! Holla!



We also went to the Din Tai Fung there and by god there service is good. The food comes out really quickly and the staff were really friendly. Of course we got xiao long bao's :) So magnificent!

The main reason we went to Sydney in the first place was to see The Lion King musical. I bought tickets last May and had been waiting 9 months to go watch it. It was amazing! The opening number was perfect and I had the biggest crush on Scar. I was very impressed with young Simba, but young Nala was adorable. "Oh I just can't wait to be king... free to run around all day, free to do it all my way."

This was me post-performance at The Capitol Theatre


Now I'm back in Melbourne trying to get back to everyday life and setting up a routine for my life.


2 comments: