It was my first time at The Palais Theatre and I think it was an excellent venue for him. Everyone had allocated seating and from where we were sitting we could see a lot of him.
Early in the show Chet spoke to the crowd and was happy that people had come to listen to their favourite songs but also that people were there to find there favourite song. I really connected with that and do you know what I did. The following is a song that speaks a lot to me at the moment. With everything that's been happening at work and I guess at home in the past few years. There were times that I felt like a fake, I sometimes still do. I have worked out a lot on a personal level and I plan to do more growing. Growing up is not something that I'm forced to do but an actual goal.
Chet played an amazing cover of Moondance by Van Morrison. The song was almost unrecognisable and he made it his own. It's a shame he hasn't recorded it yet because I think it would be greatly appreciated.
No Diggity was a crowd favourite and definitely one of my first favourites by him.
Melt is such a smooth song and every time I listen to it now I picture him moving to it.
Chet ended the performance with Talk is Cheap which is undoubtedly his number one song and what has brought him the most fame. It was a fantastic way to end with him at the top of his castle, a keyboard and a lone spotlight on him.
What a darling and talented individual.
No comments:
Post a Comment