29.3.15

LAST WEEK IN MARCH



I've had quite another work heavy week and this weekend I believe I've been very successful at stress-relieving myself.

I worked 2pm to 10pm on Monday and Tuesday, which although sounds bad and late I was able to sneak in a brunch session with Cattie and Michelle on Tuesday at the newly established Butler's Pantry. Not a fan of the place. It looks great but my eggs weren't perfect and I may or may not have gotten an upset tummy from the salmon.

On Wednesday I returned to normal work hours. I went to the orthodontist for my last visit with him (hopefully ever) and he gave me a pamphlet about how to live without him (too cute). He also said that my teeth were perfect! Honestly I always leave that place with a good feeling. That night I had dinner in Richmond for Kouch's 23rd birthday. We dined at Jinda Thai and Nicola and myself became better friends. It was a good meal and had a great atmosphere.

On Thursday I had an off-site meeting with my manager and peers. It was a different, fun, draining day spent doing team challenges and thinking about things that I had never though of. A lot of things went over my head but it opened up my mind to things I need to learn and thinking about my impact. That night I went to Russell Peters show at Rod Laver Arena with Vvshen, Jimmy, Jenpho and Kancelot. He was hilarious and his improvisation is on-point. I ended up getting home at midnight and was absolutely drained.

Friday night I didn't get out of work at 5PM like I had planned to. To be honest I started the day grumpy and over it. I then transitioned to caring at about mid-afternoon and then into grumps at the end of the day. I picked up a bottle of Cienna at the bottle shop and actually got asked for I.D. I think that was the highlight of my day. Despite me feeling old and ageing from all the things that I'm juggling and dealing with - I still can pass as under 18. Thanks sir! That bottle was a great idea and I slept well that night.

Yesterday (Saturday) I took a page from Vvshen's book and went to the beach. My mum visits a physiotherapist in Bentleigh and I decided to take advantage of the sun that finally decided to grace the earth. I drove down to Parkdale beach and sat by myself in the sand and enjoyed the sound of the waves. It was an instant mood-lifter and better than me running to the shops and wandering endlessly like I normally do.


Today (Sunday) I went to try the red velvet pancakes from Axil Coffee Roasters for the first time and it was great! I've been wanting to try them since Bonnie posted them on Instagram (about a year ago). What can I say about this that won't make you jealous and want to run over there right now to try it? Nothing. It's a great little sweet dish that I would recommend eating as a dessert or after something savoury. I made the mistake of starting off with it and getting to the point where I could only eat half. Lucky for me mum decided to trade and was able to eat a lot more.


One of the things that I'm going to do as the weather gets colder is go to brunch more and warm up from the delicious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment